By Barbara Morgan, Pre-Kindergarten Teacher
Love is in the air! As we get ready to celebrate the holiday of love, help your child to show love to those around them.
- Play a game or read with a younger sibling. If your child has younger siblings, or a younger neighbor child, encourage them to play a game with the child, or share a special book with them.
- Donate toys or books that are sitting in a corner. Encourage your child to help select items they no longer use, so another child can experience the joy of a new toy.
- Make cookies and donate them to a local fire or police station. Help your child make cookies and go with you to deliver them. Learning to respect and appreciate community helpers and authority is a great lesson.
- Make a care package for someone. Perhaps you have a college student in the family, a member of the military, or an elderly family member or acquaintance who would appreciate a little attention. What a perfect season to do this!
- Make cards for grandparents. Encourage your child to make and send cards to extended family members, especially those they do not get to see often. It will bring a big smile to the recipient’s face!
LOVE only grows by SHARING. You can only have more for yourself by giving it away to others.” ~Brian Tracy