By Barbara Morgan, Lead Pre-Kindergarten Teacher
Fall officially began on September 23rd. What a great opportunity to enjoy the beautiful colors of God’s world with your family!
1. Go apple picking! There are several orchards in the area, including Stuckey Farms and Tuttle Orchards, that offer activities for the whole family.
2. Plan a hayride. Stonycreek Farm in Noblesville offers hayrides. Call ahead and schedule an afternoon or evening of fun with family and friends.
3. Visit Conner Prairie. What a fun way for children to understand what harvest season was like for the early settlers.
4. Collect colorful leaves. Let your children make bouquets and crafts with them. Glue them on paper to make a giant family initial. Get creative!
5. Plant bulbs for spring. Your children, boys and girls, all love to dig. Let them help dig holes and drop the bulbs in. What a treat to see the beautiful flowers blossom in the spring!
Charles Swindoll, a pastor and author, says “Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.” Use your senses to take in the beautiful sights and sounds of the Fall season, and create lasting memories!